Our curriculum covers the learning that takes place from Nursery through to Year 6 and covers all of the National Curriculum subjects. Our curriculum is underpinned by the following aims.
ATT Curriculum Commitment Top 10
All learners in our academies will experience a curriculum that
1. is ambitious and enjoyable through knowledge and skills developed from Foundation Stage to Post 16 and Adult provision.
2. is knowledge rich, ensuring access to a wide, global cultural capital – thus maximising lifetime opportunities.
3. is inclusive, nurturing and tailored towards the needs of the individual.
4. is focused on developing the very best oracy, literacy, numeracy and digital skills – enabling access to the widest learning and the very best careers possible to ensure we develop global citizens.
5. is enriching, ensuring all experience a rich variety of cultural, artistic and sporting activities.
6. is broad in terms of coverage and (at least) encompassing the breadth of the 2014 English National Curriculum.
7. celebrates the uniqueness of each educational setting in terms of localised knowledge and skills.
8. develops character, personal pride and the highest moral standards.
9. celebrates diversity, challenges injustice, promotes equality and encourages the creation of a better world.
10. is delivered by well-qualified, forward-thinking, skilled, passionate professionals.
At Great Heath Academy our curriculum
- Is ambitious and engaging as it develops from Nursery through to Year 6
- Provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to progress through each stage of their learning and beyond Key Stage Two
- Is underpinned by our values where we develop pupils in Growth, being Resilient, Enthusiastic, Adaptable and Tolerant
- Is accessible by all learners and is inclusive
- Celebrates the local area and specifically develops the international learning of pupils
- Provides experiences beyond the National Curriculum through trips, sporting events, visitors to the academy and assemblies
- Develops pupils’ personal, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development along with academic achievement
Please click here for a more detailed overview of our curriculum.
Below you can see the overview of the topics pupils learn during their time at the academy.