We run a school council with our pupils, which gives them the opportunity to contribute to developing and improving our academy.
As part of the school council, we look for pupils who will:
- Help to make the school even better
- Attend school council meetings and feeding back from class council meetings
- Feedback to your class after meeting
- Help with fund-raising
- Discuss important issues including teaching and learning
- Find out what other children want
- Helping their fellow classmates
Children who would like to be on the School Council nominate themselves in class. They then present to the class and the class vote for their favourite. There are three jobs in School Council: Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary that children can put themselves forward for. These are voted for by the School Council.
October 2019 – Congratulations to Charlie (Chair), Kathleen (Vice-chair) and Jessica (Secretary). The School Council are busy writing a survey about bullying in school and planning to relaunch the school rules.
September 2019 – KS2 children are voting for their School Council representative as part of Pupilvoice week ahead of the first meeting